Rifò comes from the Tuscan dialect and it means redoing. A 0 km name for a local clothing production that takes up the tradition of textile upcycling.
Rifò is a Tuscan inflection of the verb 'rifare', meaning 'to remake', or 'to redo'.
We chose this dialectal name because it represents the way of speaking of the locals and the so-called Cenciaioli. They are the artisans who, more than a hundred years ago, invented the recycling method of old clothes we adopted.
That's the reason behind our name, which discloses a traditional craft we are 're-doing' and strongly committed to passing on.
July 2017Niccolò is in Vietnam and gets the idea to create a sustainable fashion brand after realizing the issues of overproduction and overconsumption in the fashion industry.
August 2017In his office in Hanoi, he comes up with the name "Rifò" for the brand.
September 2017Niccolò returns from Vietnam and assesses the project's feasibility in Prato, visiting the "cenciaioli" (traditional textile regenerators) and preparing a crowdfunding campaign with Clarissa, Michele, and Fiammetta.
November 2017The crowdfunding campaign is launched, and in less than 30 days, approximately 11,500 euros are raised, thanks to the support of the Rifò community.
April 2018The crowdfunding campaign for the 100% recycled t-shirt is launched, with over 300 t-shirts sold in just one month.
May 2018Rifò joins the “Hubble” acceleration program at the Nana Bianca accelerator in Florence, with the support of Research and Developement Foundation and Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze.
July 2018Rifo S.r.l. is founded, turning an idea into a socially-driven enterprise.
November 2018Rifò returns to Prato and creates the Agorà store/office with Niccolò Corsi from Mashup Lab.
March 2019Our first 100% Italian-made recycled jeans sweater is launched.
June-October 2019Martina (content creator), Camilla (fashion designer), and Eleonora (communication specialist) join the team to transform Rifò from a project into a full-fledged brand.
March 2020The Avanguardista Jacket, Rifò's first garment made from denim fabric, is launched.
May 2021The Re-Think Your Jeans project in collaboration with NaturaSì, expands to 107 stores across Italy.
July 2021Rifò moves to a larger location in Prato, at Via Filicaia 26.
TodayTo be continued... To infinity and beyond!
RecyclingWe transform old garments in new fibers giving them a new value.
CraftsmanshipWe love perpetuating artisanal textile traditions.
TerritoryEach product is made in Prato at 30 km from our office.
PassionFeel the emotions again, give garments their value as it once was.
Our contribution for 2030
While creating a real alternative to fast fashion, we also contribute to achieving the sustainable development goals set by the UN.
◦ We promote responsible production and consumption
◦ We innovate by taking back a textile tradition
◦ We support a greener urban industry
◦ We promote gender equality in our team
◦ We create properly paid job opportunities and we contribute to the growing of the local economy
What we believe in
◦ We believe in sustainability for all.
◦ We believe in our territory, which has an immense textile tradition.
◦ We believe that wealth is to be shared with other people.
◦ We believe that it is still possible to create handmade Made in Italy garments, made as in the past.
◦ We believe in the people, not in the consumers.
◦ We believe that in our small way we can make a difference, that we can change things.
◦ We believe in emotions, that a garment must be worn forever and not only once.
◦ We don't believe in sales, discounts, black friday ... we want to sell our products because people really need them and not just because of compulsive consumption.
◦ We believe in processes, in learning by doing.
◦ Finally, we believe that having the opportunity to do what we like, smiling and with passion, is the most beautiful gift that could have happened to us.