Advantages of circular economy applied to the clothing industry
Circular economy represents the definitive solution to solve the issue of global pollution.
We are used to think that the main causes of environment disruption are only toxic gases emissions or the wrong way with which humans dispose waste..
In addition to this, an industry that affect heavily on pollution is the fashion one.
The kind of clothes you buy every time you go shopping are destroying the environment you live in, more than you can imagine.
The future is called circular economy, and it considers a big change in the way we intend the life of a product.
We are used to thinking that a product is created, used and then disrupted.
Now there is only the start but not the end of the lifecycle of a product.
Make yourself comfortable and follow us.
Let’s discover together all you have to know about circular economy applied to the clothing industry, what we can call circular fashion.
What is circular economy?
To understand the idea on which is based on this new kind of economy you have to change the way you think to the life of a product or item of clothing, in this case.
Circular economy has the great advantage of regenerating by itself.
Materials that are used to allow this can be divided into two different types:
- Biologicals: Materials that can be inserted again into the biosphere.
- Technological: Those materials were born to be reused again, without entering the biosphere.
You have to start thinking in a circular way: a circle that doesn’t have exits. The garment that enter it will end to change its shape and aesthetic, but it will stay in the circle forever.
This is the best solution we have to stop the suffering of our planet.
Circular economy inside fashion world
Let’s analyze together how this economy works and how can make a sustainable fashion.
It is useful to divide the process in four different phases:
- The first phase is fundamental because here an important decision is being made, that affects in a decisive way on all the process. The choice ends on non-pollute and no plastic-derivatives materials.
- One of the characteristics of today fashion that is destroying the planet is the low-price that is translated in poor quality. This brings to a reduced use of the garments. In a circular economy, instead, this is what we want to avoid. The creation of the garment is a fundamental moment and it is based on the quality. An high-quality item of clothing lasts longer and don’t encourage people to throw it away after only a few uses.
- The third point is directly connected to the second. It concerns the theme of reuse and recycle. These actions are supported to try to change this trend, that it is very low. The idea that goes with it is that any recycled object has a low value. Or when we don’t like something we tend to throw it away, without thinking that we could use it in another context. If, for example, we don’t go crazy for a t-shirt, instead of using it to go out we could keep it to wear it at home. We don’t need to throw it away. If we want to save our planet we absolutely need to learn to put in practice this important action.
- Finally, the last point. If a product is cheap and has a low-quality, it means that its production cost is quite low and probably during the processing the environment gets damaged. In the circular model we give the maximum support to the utilization of sources and renewable energies. Producing objects that don’t pollute, using no-polluting tools: the perfect match.
How we apply circular economy at Rifò
It is the continuous worsening of global emergency that convinced us to focus on this project.
What we want to promote is a changing that goes in the direction of a new economic model, that is ethical and, most of all, sustainable.
The aim is to help today generations but, most of all, the future ones. We want to leave the planet in the best conditions possible.
In our work we put attention on technology, social commitment and respect for the environment. But this doesn’t mean that our garments lack of style or aesthetic sense.
We take care of every detail to make our products a good mix between quality and comfort.
Our garments are mainly made by two materials: cotton and cashmere.
Our intention is to have sustainable, responsible and social cotton and cashmere clothing. We also wanted to make it durable and that it made feel good who wears it.
Because, unfortunately, another thing we have lost, nowadays, is the emotion of wearing an item of clothing.
Our action mode is to collect old cotton or cashmere clothes, to ravel them and then creating a new thread with which give life to new products. This process allows us to recycle old garments and to reduce consistently water, pesticides and chemicals consumption that are often used during the processing.
Our belief is that we don’t need anymore to produce new textile fibers: we can easily use the one already used and consumed.
This is the only way to improve pur preens, taking care of our future.
Another important factor of the processing is to maintain all the processing phases inside our district (max 30 km). This allows us not to consume too much fuel and to give possibilities of work to our territory.
In addition to this, this choice. Allows us to be certain about the quality and the ethics of the processing, just like we explain in depth here.
Advantages of circular economy
Now I’d like to talk about all the benefits that this kind of economy can bring along for the environment and for the companies. Here is a list of the advantages of circular economy:
- Smaller costs for the companies
- More space for innovation
- Greenhouse gas emission reduction
- Water and primary resources waste reduction
- Increase of territory productivity
- Reduction of polluted materials leaks.
- Improvement of working conditions
Numbers of fashion pollution
After showing you the incredible advantages of this kind of process I want to tell you about the incredible numbers of pollution caused by the fast fashion industry.
The use of non-renewable resources is around 98 tons of plastic fibers every year, while 93 billions of cubic meters of water is being used.
CO2 emissions are around one billion tons, followed by 500 000 tons of plastic fibers that will end in our seas and later in our plate.
This kind of fashion business has bad consequences also on in the social branch, because the majority of the garments is processed in underdeveloped Countries where wages are very low and child labor and bad working condition are common.
We wanted to mention these negative numbers to place your attention on how a wrong business choice is destroying our planet and our society. We need to find an alternative, a more ethical fashion.
Keeping on choosing a linear economy won’t do anything but worsening the situation, leading us to a point of no return.
Luckily it is not already too late, we can really build a sustainable fashion together.
The solution exists and it is called circular fashion.
Choose our garments made by Rifò and with your actions you will give an important support to the climatic improvement and to a big change in this branch.
Visit our store and find the garment you like the most!
Laissez un commentaire
Votre adresse email ne sera pas publiée. Les champs requis sont indiqués *